This 243 Acres +/- property is located in Decatur County (in Iowa Deer Zone 5), notable as one of the top big buck counties in Iowa. This slightly rolling property has great cover and deer habitat everywhere you look and a very good deer population, with some turkey and pheasant as well. See the trail camera photos from Fall 2022 and, and my trail camera photos from late February, 2023. There are 181.16 acres in cp38e-2 crp, a great wildlife mix of native warm season grasses and forbs, bringing in a very nice $25,750/year in cash flow and expiring in 2031. The remainder of the acreage is in brush and long & winding treed creek bottoms which make awesome funnels for deer travel. This size of contiguous acreage in one block doesn’t come available all that often in Decatur County. The property has good year-round gravel road access, and there are some beautiful hilltop views from spots that could be nice potential future building sites, either for a primary residence or a weekend getaway cabin/hunting camp. Rural water and electric are at the road.
Deer population here is very good, just look at the video and photos. The amount of deer trails criss-crossing all over the place through the crp is nuts and can be easily seen in the listing photos. Deer habitat is nicely varied, with everything from cedars to thick brush to NWSG crp to mature oaks, and there are 2 ponds on the property in addition to the 2 different creeks that provide a good water source. The layout of the property makes for great access for both morning and evening hunts, and you can easily hunt here with any wind direction. If you were to remove a small amount of acreage from the CRP contract there are multiple spots that would make some killer food plots in the interior of the property.
There are 185.97 FSA Cropland acres with approximately 65 of those acres having a csr2 rating of almost 50 up to 70+ so there is a good option there to put those acres back into crop production once the crp expires if the new owner should so choose. The 181.16 acres in crp have a total weighted csr2 average of approximately 35. 2023 CRP income will be pro-rated to the date of closing.
The property is located approximately 3.5 miles south of Decatur City and 1 hr. from West Des Moines.
Please contact Land Specialist Joshua Flournoy at (641) 203-9427 for more information. Showings by Appointment Only.
- 243 Acres +/- Decatur County Iowa Hunting Land with $25,750/yr in CRP income
- Iowa Deer Zone 5
- Very good Deer population, nice mix of wooded, nwsg and brushy habitat
- 2 small ponds & 2 creeks
- Easy access for both morning and evening hunts
- Huntable with any wind direction
- Turkey & Pheasant
- 185.907 FSA Cropland acres, with 181.16 of those in CRP, $25,750 yearly income (cp38e-2 fields, SAFE contract), expires in 2031
- Option to put CRP acres back into crop production once CRP contract expires
- 2023 CRP income will be pro-rated to the date of closing.
- Potential home/cabin building sites on property with very nice views
- Electric & Rural Water available at the road
- Year-round access on good gravel roads
- Approx. 3.5 miles south of Decatur City and 1 hr. from West Des Moines
- 2021 Property Taxes $3,054